smile I got myself the coolest gift this year - un-foggable eyeglasses
Some of you might remember that a few years ago, BT regular Richard Hartman (rlhartman) announced that he had developed some antifog eye glasses and was selling them. At the time I could not afford them, but recently I needed a new pair of glasses and my thoughts returned to these. I e-mailed Richard and he said he could still make them for $250, so I ordered a pair.

The whole process took just over two weeks from the time I sent my money order. While I was waiting, I constantly got e-mails about that status of getting my payment and getting the glasses made. A+ to Richard for great communication.

When I got the glasses they came with a zippered case, polishing cloth, clip-on keeper cord (via little holes in the ear pieces), and 2 pages of instructions. First thing I did was take them out of the case and put them in the refrigerator for 15 minutes, then took them out and breathed on them. At first I was a little disappointed that a foggy texture formed. Then I put them on and realized that I could see right through it! It was a totally transparent effect. Very cool.

Since then I've had them out boating several times in just about the worst-case fogging situation: very cold water and warm, humid air. And the things simply do not fog at all. Even while playboating, spending plenty of time upside down, I did not once have to wipe the glasses. Needless to say I'm very, very psyched. Big kudos to Richard for solving a problem that has driven me crazy during winter paddling for years.