Whitewater
General
note Best fly fishing specific raft floor.
Forum: RaftZone
msflear
Which floor is best for fly fishing specific rafts with frames - a drop stitch or I-beam floor? I'm going to buy a raft/ frame combo this summer and after some pretty detailed research I find that some of the best manufacturers carry either one floor or the other rather than both, which in my mind would provide a wider choice of options for the customer. I've read about the pros and cons of both styles of floors - tracking, maneuverability, firmness, dryer under foot, lighter, more or less prone to flipping, etc. I understand the differences that the nature of the two types of floors creates and that the intended use (fishing or white water) may influence personal choice - but again why don't the manufacturers generally offer both floors. For example Maravia have drop stitch and Sotar have I-beam but they don't seem to offer both (or at least don't openly advertise such). I like both of these rafts but why would Sotar or Maravia not offer both floors, which would automatically open up rather than restrict the choice options. I like the firmer drop stitch floor for a fly fishing raft because most clients are more competent and comfortable standing up to cast. The built-in floors on frames for I-beam floors can be very heavy & are guaranteed line traps, further limiting choice. I figure someone out there can shed a little light onto why this limited floor choice exists.
Facebook Twitter Stumbleupon Reddit Digg Delicious Linkedin
feedback Neither..... boscoboater New
feedback No Subject boscoboater New
note No Subject 2kanzam New
note Call for a quote. starinflatables New