I am an old-fart has-been paddler, who paddled eight years ago (Russell Fork, Wautauga), but hasnt been in a boat since. My eight year old son (notice the coincidence?) now wants to take up the sport, and I need to get myself a boat. So now I need to buy something (preferably used, but I could splurge on a new boat if necessary). My priorities are
- fits me (I'm 6'3", 200lbs, 34" inseam, size 10 foot)
- stable enough to chase after my son when he swims on class II-III
- reasonably fast for ferries, catching waves
- carves well (I love bow surfing on a green wave)
- wont pearl on a wave unless I want it to
- reasonably playful, but I am not a park-n-surf paddler
- can run class IV without worrying about making the moves
I used to have a squirt boat, but I never really got into bow and stern squirts, and I have no interest in flatwater moves.
I dont have a lot of demoing opportunities. I have tried an animas (blech) and a Super EZ (too slow and not a great boat to do rescues from).
Locate a new Pyranha H3 255, this is what you need and will make a great Dad boat <NT> loon-moon-soon New