2. Two lighters
3. 9' x 12' painters tarp (for an improvised shelter)
4. 100' of parachute cord
5. 1.5 liter Platypus water bladder (rolled up)
6. Space blanket emergency bivy
7. Magnesium fire starter with flint
8. Gerber multi-tool
9. Pill bottle with cotton balls soaked in petroleum jelly (fire starters)
10. Dry suit repair kit (adhesive Goretex patches)
11. Micro fishing kit (4 dry flies, 4 hooks, 20' of 1x tippet, 30' of 8lb monofillament)
12. 25' of snare wire
13. Walther P22 semiautomatic pistol with 1 full magazine.
15 Signal mirror
16 water purification (either tabs or a pen purifier).
The entire kit, with the exception of the P22, weighs less than a pound and fits into a 6" x 8" water proof pouch.
I also carry a small dry bag with a prussiks, pulleys, biners, anchors, mini-saw, wool hat, heavy neoprene gloves (in case I loose my pogies), high energy snacks and sometimes an extra top and bottom base layer in vacuumed sealed bags.
How well do the cotton balls covered in petroleum jelly work with the mag. fire starter? <NT> SRsteelheader New